Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On the Serene Front . . .


Several years ago I was a Mary Kay consultant and the directors would often tell us, “Get your priorities straight.  God first, family second and career third.”  So I think that is where I need to start.  God first.  One of my yearly goals is to read the Bible daily and to read through the Bible in a year.  I have yet to achieve this goal, but it’s still a good goal.  At the end of last year in preparation for this goal I purchased “The Daily Bible.”  I really like this Bible, although, again I wasn’t able to achieve my goal.  I managed to read through to May 7th before summer vacation started and all was lost.  But this is where I’m starting in order to make my life serene.  Yesterday, I began again with my daily Bible reading.  Instead of picking up where I left off on May 7th and trying to catch up I gave myself a break and started on August 28th.  I know my life will be more serene by spending time with God each day.  If you aren’t in God’s word daily then I encourage you to start.  It doesn’t matter where you start.  Just that you start.  And if you would like to read along with me then pick up a copy of this:

And start on today’s date.

Blessing, B.

No comments:

Post a Comment