Thursday, January 5, 2012

31 Day Organizational Challenge – Day 5

Today’s Daily Task List in the Get It Together, Already Planner/Cleaning Schedule (get it here) says, “Plan weekly menu/shopping list.”  Going along with that task our challenge for today is to make a menu plan for the month of January.  If you’re like me you already have most of the months activities scheduled so you can plan appropriately for those days. 

Here is my plan for the month of Januarry.

When I started doing this I assigned a type of food to each night of the week. 

     Sunday – BBQ/Soup –  
BBQ when it’s warm and soup when it’s not.
     Monday – Easy –            
I’ve cleaned hard most of the day dinner has to be easy.
     Tuesday – Chicken  -
I take into account special organizational/cleaning tasks assigned to the day.  If I know the task is going to take a while I chose and easy chicken meal.  Notice the 17th.  The task for that day is cleaning/organizing the linen closet.  Mine is a disaster!  So I chose Glazed Chicken Drumsticks, Rice-A-Roni and Green Beans. I can pop the drumsticks in the marinade the night before and the next night is easy.
     Wednesday – Fast Food –
          It’s just my kiddo and I on Wednesdays so we grab some fast food or eat
          sandwiches at home.
     Thursday – Dinner Out –
          Like most families we like to eat dinner out one night a week.  We chose
          Thursdays a long time ago in order to avoid the crowds and wait times on Friday
          and Saturday.
     Friday – Sandwiches –
It’s Friday I want it to be easy.  Here is another place where the months activities come into play.  The 1st Friday is Girl Scouts – After spending the last 1 ½ or more with 20 3rd graders I’m done.  It’s fast food.  The 2nd Friday is scrapbooking – I want to be out of the house by 6:30 it’s my night to play.
     Saturday – Beef –
And once again I’ve had to take into account the months activities.  The 21st is Scrap-A-Palooza.  It only happens 3 times a year and this time I’m going!  Hubby and the kiddo are on their own.

Now that I have my menu plan I’m off to make my shopping list and gather my coupons!


31 Day Organizational Challenge – Challenge List
1.         Take down, organize and put away all of the holiday decorations.
2.      Make your 2012 financial file folders and store your 2011 financial files.
3.      Clean/Organize the surface of your crafting area.  
4.   Gather, download, print & organize your photos from last month.
5.   Make a menu plan for the month of January.

 Britia

No comments:

Post a Comment